Monday, March 14, 2016

8 Months!


Whoa, almost exactly eight months today! Crazy right? It's pretty rad I think. Time really does fly when you are having fun.

So this week was like sort of slower, but not too slow. We had some sick lessons to highlight our week though. On Pday, I got kind of a random text from our old investigator who had a baptismal date set but then sort of dropped off the earth for 2 months.  Anyway, he said he wanted to meet us! We met him on Tuesday,  and it really didn't go great. I felt like he showed a ton of digression in terms of his understanding and interest in the gospel. He expressed doubts about a lot of things that were never there before. We left feeling like we didn't help him all that much.. But we set up a return appointment for Saturday and when we met him on Saturday, everything was different. It seemed to go super well, and he accepted our lesson on Faith and then said the most sincere prayer I have heard from an investigator. It was so legit! The way he prayed was just as if God was sitting in the room and we were just having a casual conversation with him. It was so great! It ended up being the most he has ever opened up to us and we really got close through it. He also told us he is quitting his job this week and now he will finally have some time. Elder Ely and I had been praying that he could find the time, and now the answer finally came! So many things just came together for this one! LEGIT!

Yesterday, we met with another guy from Cameroon for the first time, and it was one of the craziest things that has happened to me since I came to Korea. First of all, the lesson was in ENGLISH--that was easily the weirdest part; like literally through the entire conversation, I would look at my companion with a questioning look and he would just give me the look of "I really don't know what to say, I've never done this in English before." It was a real grind! And to make it worse, he basically was preaching to us about the Bible and kind of like shouting and stuff, even though we were in public.  It was pretty awkward at first, but then my companion and I just started jumping in with the "Hallelujah" chants and verses from the Bible and it was actually really fun. He said some things that showed that he had built up a wall between his beliefs and ours, so I wasn't really sure that we would be able to share anything, let alone the Restoration, with him. But after about an hour or so of only really him talking, there was a small window of opportunity SO I jumped on it and started teaching the Restoration to him, and he just got quiet, and he listened! Amazingly, we actually got through the whole lesson and he accepted the Book of Mormon and told us he would read it. It was so crazy!!! I definitely didn't see it coming, but wow it was so great.

This Gospel makes me so dang happy, and I know that it helps other peoples' lives so much.  It brings the happiness that so many people want! How sweet this Gospel is!

I love you all, and just be happy!
Elder Jenkins

No comments:

Post a Comment