Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Suwon Stake Activity


This week seemed to go by super quick, and I loved it.

So kind of a funny/scary thing that happened early this week: Elder Wilcox and I met these two older guys who are really close friends, and when we met them they were both a little red in the face. One of them has literally full body tats and is a former UFC fighter, but at least they were nice. So we talked to them for a while and then Elder Wilcox told them that he loves this famous Korean food called Kimchi Chigaay and the guys were like "lets go eat then!" So we went to a restaurant and they bought us a ton of food. We had to really push to get it down, and they didn't eat any of it! They just drank the entire time! They made us pour them shots and stuff (haha way weird, but definitely a moment I won't forget). Then before we left, they bought ice cream and made us eat that. Just when I finally thought we were getting out of there, they saw their favorite chicken restaurant(which is located right next door to our apartment). NO! And sure enough, now they were hungry and we get wrangled into having another meal with them. Again, NO! I was already super full, but we did it anyway. And this time they poured us the shots. Of water! They must have really been drunk because I am pretty sure they thought they were pouring real shots of alcohol for us. Haha I was dying! So yeah, I was a little freaked out, but it was just for one night so I got past it. As it turns out, though, they eat at the chicken place nearly every night so we have had to eat chicken like 3 times this week with our new Best Friends. In anticipation of that, Elder Wilcox and I have now been finding back roads to our house. So far so good.

This week we also had our Semi-Annual Mission Tour and we received an awesome training from a guy who is in our Area Presidency. We now have a mission goal for each companionship to be baptizing weekly!!!!!!!!!!!!! So sick! It got me and my comp super excited and driven to try it out.  It won't be easy, but we are shooting for that. How awesome would that be!

And now to yesterday and my reason for not emailing on schedule: We had a Stake-Wide Sports Activity and it lasted the entire day! We all left our church at 8:30 and didn't get home until about 5:30. It included every sport imaginable. I got to play basketball with Elder Wilcox and we did really well; it is the first time in 11 months that I have played a game where the score was kept and it was way fun. The main event of the day was Tug of War, and guess who was chosen to be the most important player on the team: Yup, that big, strong American guy--Elder Jenkins. It was super fun too!

Last night we ate authentic Indian food with our Indian Investigator. Needless to say, I think I will just stick to Korean food. I think it is much much better!

This week also had another really spiritual moment in it: SoYun was confirmed a member on Sunday and Elder Wilcox and I got to be in the circle. It was such a blast! The Lord has been all over our lives lately! I love it!!!!!!!!

This week sure was a fun one; I hope all of yours was as well! Have another good one "on me"! haha

Elder Jenkins

No comments:

Post a Comment