Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Korean Ice Cream bars lead to Church Attendance!



Okay, there is not a lot to talk about this week, but I will give it my best.

One crazy number from this past Thursday: the weather was not very good, so we decided to take some time in the middle of the day and make some calls. I know this sounds pretty crazy, but that afternoon we placed nearly 400 calls! And sad thing is... not a lot of appointments came from that. gah! Oh well! But there was other good things that came from this week.

So actually this story comes from two weeks ago, but at that time I didn't think too much of it. So throughout that week, it was a scorcher! So so hot! And there really aren't a lot of ways to cool down as a Korean missionary. We have to be out and talking with people, and on that particular day we had no appointments, which meant all day in the heat. And if I haven't told you already, Korean ice cream bars are super legit and cheap. On that day, I think I ate three. On round three, we took a seat on a bench in some shade just to relax for a second and some rough-looking middle-aged guy approached us and just sat down right by us. It was weird! That is not normal. He knew a lot about us, and so we talked for a bit and then invited him to church the next day. To our surprise, he actually came! He was decked out in some really funky clothes and he smelled like smoke and coffee, but that didn't matter a single bit because he actually came! So that day I got his number and gave him a copy of the Book of Mormon and set up a meeting for Friday. He was kind of confused as to why we would want to meet outside of church, but we taught him and it went fine. After that meeting, though, I kind of had the feeling that he was done with us. Faithless thought, but it just seemed that way. And then sure enough, he came to church again yesterday! haha awesome!!!! 

He was definitely the highlight of my week. It just goes to show that God doesn't care the slightest bit about what we look like, or who we were and what we have done. He just loves us and wants us to know about Him. And He always comes through in the clutch! I love Him. And I love His Gospel that has such a strong ability to change people. Now we are just praying that our new investigator lets it happen!

I love you all! Have a great week!
Elder Jenkins
Dinner Appointment!

No comments:

Post a Comment