Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Groundhog Day?

Korea is SO Pretty in the Spring

This week was a good one for sure! The reason for the title (Groundhog Day) is that we had conferences again this week and it was deja vu, but we made it fun. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday were busy with training, but we took advantage of our evenings.

On Thursday, a special visitor--an Asain studies professor from BYU--spoke to us. He spoke for about an hour and a half about the history of Korean religion, and it was super fascinating! I learned a lot of cool new things. He spoke a lot about Shamanism and boy was that interesting! On Thursday, I also went back to Gokbanjeong on an exchange. I love seeing my old areas!!!

Recently our mission has been making a big push on passing out copies of the BOM and so the other day as a district we did a sticker boarding activity and tried to give out a few. Near the end of the activity, I stopped some older guy and introduced to him what we are doing and gave him a copy. I guess I didn't think I needed to explain that the book was free because the next thing I knew he put 10 bucks in my hand and said, "I will make sure to give her a read!" And then he left! It happened so quickly, I didn't even get a chance to give the money back! It made for a funny moment for sure.

Another cool thing happened this week: because of translation difficulties, in Korea we watch General Conference a week late. So, for us, this last weekend was the big week! The nice thing about it is that it always lands on the "start of spring" in Korea, and that means cherry blossoms!! So our ward, after watching Conference together, went to this suuuper popular place and enjoyed the blossoms.
Me Proselyting in the Back



It was super fun and also quite the site. There were sooo many people, I felt suffocated! But it made for some good opportunities to street contact.
I gotta go but I had a great week, and I anticipate this week will be even better!
Love you all!
Elder Jenkins
Catching a Little Power Nap During Conference Hymn

No comments:

Post a Comment