Tuesday, April 4, 2017

A Mad, Mad, Mad Week!


This week was mad, but I can't be too detailed because, as always, I'm short on time. I gotta go ball out today! I guess everyone will be wearing ankle braces (haha)!?  Anyway, this past week was everything I could have asked for. We were so so busy with all kinds of things. I will explain quickly!

On Monday we didn't actually take our p-day because there were four different teams that needed to move out of their apartments by Tuesday morning. Directly after our email session ended, we left the house and didn't get home until a little after 10:30. It was such I grind! I really enjoyed getting in some physical work though. You know me.
I had to do a lot of driving as well, which was super sketchy. Driving in Korea is insane! I know I was kind of a crazy driver at home, but I really make an effort to tone it down in the mission (the Lord's vehicles). Haha

Then on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday we we went to some mission conferences and it was awesome! Someone did a hilarious role-play where they pretended to meet someone who didn't have a religious background and so they taught the Restoration, but instead of using words like prayer, God, and baptism, they used words like Mochi, Walla Walla, Langway. Obviously, it was really confusing for those watching, but it made a great point about people who are just learning about the Gospel: there are a lot of words and concepts that are confusing. We have a unique language! But in truth the Gospel really should be simple. I love that message! It reminds me of a classic scripture:

For my soul delighteth in plainness; for after this manner doth the Lord God work among the children of men. For the Lord God giveth light unto the understanding; for he speaketh unto men according to their language, unto their understanding.

God and His Gospel really are simple. We would do well in doing the same!

Then the coolest thing happened yesterday at church! Around 8:00 in the morning before church,  I sent out a mass text to potential investigators and just invited them lightly to come to church with me. There were a ton of replies, and someone actually came!!! He is this 21 year old who is soo funny; his dream is to be a rapper. The coolest thing about him is that he actually has a physical disability so he walks with a small limp and can't use one of his hands very well, but you hardly notice because of his great personality. After church, we did a short lesson and he just said "I love this church! I will come every week!" We asked why he felt that way and he said it was because he was just so touched by our members. Everyone was so nice to him and he was really really grateful for that. He has been bullied his whole life, and he was just so happy that there was a big group of people at church who were kind, accepting, and loving. Yes. Thank you members!!! Well, then we of course asked "when would you like to be baptized?" and he responded, "anytime works for me!" Woo! So we set a date for the end of this month. Blessings!

Great week. I am all smiles. 

Love you all! Keep it simple!
Elder Jenkins

No comments:

Post a Comment