Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Happy Mother's Day!


It is a super, super cool day in the mission when you get to see you family face to face! For those of you who might not know, while on a mission, there are only FOUR times when you get to see you family. It isn't in person--just Skype--but it flipping feels like Christmas for sure! I could barely sleep last night I was so excited. Family is what life is about, and mine means everything to me!

As is typical, this last week was a lot of fun AND a lot of work. We met some awesome people, and we met some not so awesome people. But I love this life!

I don't have much time to write, and I feel like I told my parents everything through Skype anyway, but I will tell you something that I thought was really cool. Yesterday our ward and the Seongnam Ward were combined into one, which I think was actually really hard for a lot of people. During sacrament meeting, a lot of the speakers talked about being happy even when it doesn't seem like our situation is what we want, being united in one cause, and being a family full of love and kind words. It was strange: I was hearing all of these cool words, but because I was translating I wasn't really thinking about what was being said. I was just making sure the translation was pretty accurate. But all of a sudden it just hit me as someone really emphasized coming together and making things feel like a family: unity and love create the warmth and light we need to keep moving! Loved it.

Yesterday Elder Goon and I got some time in Little America! There is a small military base in our area, and we got a call from an American member who needed something from us, so we also made a plan to visit a few more families out there. Out there, it literally felt just like America: American food, American cars, white people! (haha) It was a lot of fun and it got Elder Goon and me pretty hyped up! We were walking away from one of the houses and Elder Goon looked over at me and said, "watch this." He did a "box jump" that was like up past my waist onto this wall! It was so dope. When he jumped, though, I heard a POP sound and so when he came down off of the wall, I looked around for his phone (or something) on the ground. To my surprise, my eyes met his pants and he had about a 10 inch rip down the middle! (hahahaha atta baby goonster! I will let my mom decide if she wants to post that picture). The best part though was watching him waddle around the rest of the night trying to hide his rip.

I love everything about my mission!!!!!! Words can't really describe. 

I love you all! I hope you have a funny week like I did!
Elder Jenkins

No comments:

Post a Comment