Wednesday, July 5, 2017


This week was young money! Elder Malo and I really tried to stay on the grind early and often this week and the Lord totally laid out the blessings. For that, I am both grateful and happy. I have been serving here in Bundang for about 9 weeks now and not yet had a week like this: after a "trial of faith" the blessings really do seem to come--every time. We just needed to hold on for the ride. Here is how the week went down.

Monday~ Hell. It was literally the most hell-like atmosphere of my mission. Ah!!!!! As you know, Monday is typically the one day of real relaxation that missionaries get to have. And I will be honest, there have been plenty of times where I haven't been able to take full advantage of p-days due to appointments, meetings, lack of time, so I was okay with it when one of our members came up to us on Sunday and told us they needed us for a "small 2 hour move." I didn't really hesitate at saying yes. What I am saying, though, is that I definitely should have said no. It DEFINITELY was not a small 2 hour move. It was a large cosmetics company with over 300, 40-50 lbs boxes, and it took 6 whole hours. I literally have never in my life been so physically exhausted! That feeling lasted 4 days--thank you out of shape missionary body! 

Tuesday~ We didn't have a ton going on, but Suhyeon randomly randomly texted us during the day and man it was so cute! He said, "Hey guys.. If you have a little time today, I got a ball game and I would be so happy if you guys came to watch." My heart melted, and we spent the end of our night watching the 1st inning of a beer belly baseball league game (haha). The craziest thing was, Suhyeon had no clue, but the center fielder on his team is a Mormon from the ward right next to ours!!! How sick!

Wednesday~ We ate lunch with the Bill Gates of Korea who is in our ward. Yeah, it was epic. And I also realized I have not learned a single computer related word in these two years. That conversation was humbling. Then that night we met SuHyeon at the church and had an awesome lesson about the Restoration and closed up the spiritual night with some delicious fried chicken. My testimony of this chicken was, yes, once again strengthened!

Thursday/Friday/Saturday/Sunday~ These were the start of the dog days! It has been flipping POURING. And everywhere you walk just feels like you are walking through a sauna--our house, the subway stations, the marts, the street, EVERYWHERE! Luckily, you can't be outside and not be drenched in water, so I am able to blend in a little (not the wettest guy for a change).

The thing that was best about this week was that we were finally, after 9 weeks, able to get an investigator out to church. However, not just one came: three separate and real people came! Ah, it was so legit and a very exciting moment! Like I said before, the Lord really does bless us, we just need to be patient in our diligence!

I love this work so dang much. Only having three weeks left absolutely kills me! On the bright side, I get to see all of your beautiful faces soon!
Love you!
Elder Jenkins! 

No comments:

Post a Comment