Monday, January 25, 2016

Korean Kold!!!


Okay, I am going to be straight up: this week was freezing! Holy cow! I have never felt such cold, but we survived, and on top. So last P-day we went to the Huge Korean Zoo and it was desolate: no one was there because it was so dang cold. Basically, there were ten missionaries just running around having a good time. And it was a good time!

We had quite a few appointments cancel due to the weather, but we still had a few. There is one that I really want to tell you about!
Suwon-Gi

So this guy was actually born and raised in China, but he has lived in Korea for like 8 years now so he is fluent in Korean. The crazy thing about him was that he just showed up randomly to church last week and told us about this "peaceful feeling" he had had like 4 years ago at our church. That feeling is why he came back after 4 years--he still remembers it. Legit! We scheduled an appointment for Saturday and he must have been excited because he showed up early for the appointment.  We didn't know much about him, so we decided to get to know him first. Then we decided to show him the video "Finding Faith in Christ" and boy was that a guided decision! The Spirit was really really strong!  Oh man, I could hardly believe it. And the funny part was, neither could he. He was literally laughing out loud because he was so happy. It was awesome!!! So we are going to start meeting him now, and he is the greatest!
On the Suwon Wall

We also visited a LOT of members this week and that was waayyyy fun! I think maybe my very favorite part about this Gospel is the happiness that it brings to us individually, but also that that exact same happiness can be shared so easily with other people.  Man, what good news this is.

Some funny things that have happened recently:

1. Some guy offered my companion and I his like 26 year old daughter to marry. (hahahaha) He was saddened by our response.
2. There was a time this week that my companion literally could not move his lips to talk to some guy because of the cold, so he looked to me but I had no clue was what going on due to the BRAIN FREEZE that I had received from the cold.  Needless to say, it got kind of awkward.
3. And you may not believe it, because I am still surprised, but I drew another comparison this week. This time:Tom Cruise--black haired, overly rotated teeth Tom Cruise. Man, what is up with these people?  Do they think all white people look alike?
We have to compete with devices in order to make contacts

Anyways, it was a fun week, and I hope you all know how much I love you!

Elder Jenkins

No comments:

Post a Comment