Monday, August 1, 2016

Heat, Heat, and More Heat--Am I Repeating Myself?!

It was such a fun and hot week, and from what I hear, it is going to be getting even hotter this week! We are praying that as the temperatures go up that the work stays parallel. I do have one lucky thing to report on: we got AC in one of our rooms this week. YEAH! Such a blessing--no more waking up covered in sweat. Anyway, this week really was so fun and things just keep getting busier and busier. I love it!

One cool story: this past Wednesday we were on our way to District Meeting in the area next to ours and only one stop into the ride a guy came and sat by me. Right when he sat down, I started to talk to him in Korean and he just looked at me like I was crazy.  I kind of tucked my tail between my legs and bemoaned what I thought was the fact that "people still can't understand my Korean?!" (haha) Fortunately, he then responded, "Dude, I'm not Korean." Phew! He was from China, and he was sooo cool! He had immediate interest, and so I got his number. We talked for like 20 minutes on the way to the church about God and all these good questions he had. So sick! Then I started texting him that night and I just asked a question like, "when do you usually get off work" and he responded "6, but I can't meet tonight sorry... How about tomorrow?" We met him the next night and it was such a cool experience. This guy literally asked every question that we try to answer for people, and he is just sincerely seeking. Cool blessing from the week. Now I'm going to start learning some Chinese! Maybe I will be quad-lingual (is that a real term) by the time I am home.  Anyway, that funny little miscommunication paid off.

Tte next day we had our first interviews with President Turner and he is awesome. It all just makes me smile! 

On Saturday there was a Baptismal Service in the area next to us and we attended. I interviewed her last week and she said she really wanted me to be there, so we worked our schedule around it and it was so worth it. I love the sound of the water running at the church! 
The Baptism We Attended:  Check Out that Smile!

This week truly was a week full of ups and downs, but I loved it so much. I hope you all are doing well. Keep up the good work! 

Elder Jenkins

No comments:

Post a Comment