Monday, September 5, 2016

After a trial of faith....Gold!



This week was much much better than last week, but I don't have a ton of time so I will just share one quick story!

We still have not found a ton of investigators even though we have been busting hard for it. It just hasn't happened yet. I think mostly this is just a test of our faith. Regardless, we have still been working hard on the streets and this week we finally found a little more success. But before I proceed, you need a little backstory: on Wednesday afternoon, we received a text from the Zone Leaders that some important church leaders from America were coming to Korea on Sunday and they were going to be holding a fireside. I got really excited and told my companion that we needed to go, but there was a catch: in order to go, you had to bring an investigator with you. At that time, we didn't have anyone we thought was even a remote possibility. Even so, I made a commitment that I was going to find a person to take to that meeting!

So fast forward to Wednesday night: we taught English class and afterwords we had 40 minutes to proselyte, so I decided that we should hit up the big intersection by our house and try to find some potential investigators. I was super determined to find the ticket to that meeting and the coolest thing happened: the FIRST guy I talk to was just like sooo sick! He was way down to talk, he even took out his headphones without my help (haha, I may or may not have "assisted" in headphones removal before), and he was really nice. But then after talking for a second, I told him who I was and everything changed and he just said "I hate Christians!" I was just like "come on Lord, just give me a break!" (haha) And He did. After talking for a while, the guy said "you know what, I didn't like Christians until I met you, now let's go get something to eat." Heck yeah! 

So in the restaurant he let us talk all about who we are and what we are doing and right before we were about to leave, I decided that I should try to get his number (which he gave willingly). Then I had another random (inspired) thought to just invite him to the meeting on Sunday, so I did. He thought about it for a second and said, "seriously, I didn't think I would ever go back to church, but I am coming to your guys' church on Sunday!" haha sick!!!!.. And the cool thing is.. He CAME! Seriously, such a miracle. The speakers were Sister Carol McConkie and then another lady from one of the presidencies (I'm drawing a blank right now). It was so cool, and the Spirit was really strong there. Afterwards, someone asked our new investigator what he thought about it and he said, "I will never forget tonight, and especially how I felt" Holy cow, such gold!! I really was so happy for him and I hope that through us he can continue to have the Spiritual experiences that he needs to have over the next little while!
Also, what a cool experience it was for us as a companionship and a true witness that after the trial of your faith you really are blessed! 

I had an awesome time this week. I Love it!
Hope all is well back home. Keep it real, keep the faith, and keep being you.
Elder Jenkins

No comments:

Post a Comment