Sunday, June 11, 2017

Sleepless in Seoul


This last week was a fun one for sure! My new companion Elder Malo is a mad man; we are definitely going to be having a happy time together.

The first few days of the week was an absolute ball with Elder Goon and I visiting all of the members before he kicked out (transferred). We also went and played volleyball for our Pday. That is the first time I have played volleyball since I tore up the courts out at SVU! I will sure miss Elder Goon and the time we had together. 

Also I don't know why this became a theme of the week, but I saw a freaking ton of people sleeping in weird places in public this week. And, surprisingly I'm sure, none of them were homeless. Yep, you can bet your bottom dollar I took pictures!

Another random thing from this week was the unexpected arrival of the Monsoon Season, which brought a ton of rain.

On Wednesday, Elder Malo and I combined to make the most insane companionship of the mission! We started working right away and the week was filled with laughs and a lot of really great work. We set some high expectations for the transfer and instantly started working towards that by picking up two new investigators at the end of the week. Our great start was highlighted by a dinner with a less active family of 5. I had actually met this family last summer when I was in Seongnam on an exchange, and I really felt like they had a great chance and were at a near perfect time to come back to church. Although they weren't even members of the ward I was serving in, I felt a lot love for them and wished to be able to visit them once more. After learning I would be coming to Bundang, I quickly started trying to contact them to set up an appointment to visit them in their home. It took six weeks, but finally we were able to meet them. We learned that they in about that same time period had started reading the Book of Mormon, praying, and even watching Mormon messages and things like that once again! "The timing was perfect for you to call and visit us, what a coincidence!" I don't think so!!! There are no coincidences in this work baby!!! God truly does seem to prepare us individually for things ahead, even and especially when we can't see very far in front of us. 

I learned so much this week. I smiled a lot. I laughed a lot. I was also discouraged at times too, but I really do know how worth it all of this is. I love it!
I hope you all have a splendid week!

Elder Jenkins
 

No comments:

Post a Comment