Thursday, August 27, 2015

Time Flies!

Great week--although I remember no specifics.  I am still enjoying myself here! In two and a half weeks I'll be flying in to Inchun! Super crazy how fast time is flying here in the MTC!
It was a pretty cookie cutter week to be honest; I am really settling in here, so it might be weird leaving soon. But at the same time, I should definitely be ready to get out by then! 

Elder Fleming and Me


First off, the funniest thing happened on Tuesday. Elder Fleming and I decided not to show off our angelic voices at choir, so we stayed in the classroom and studied. But we got sidetracked at one point and decided we should play a joke on this super gullible elder in our district who was at choir. So, after the devotional, when everyone was back in the room and we were getting ready for devotional review with Brother Ellis (who is in the Branch Presidency), we were all kind of talking about the poor weather and how stormy it had been. Elder Fleming and I told the gullible elder that there had been a small tornado that had come through the back side of campus, and we told him it had torn off part of the building right next to us.  He was FREAKED. He bought in to it so quick and he really was in shock.  He kept asking everyone if they had heard about the tornado. He then proceeded to tell Brother Ellis about the tornado and brother Ellis was also in shock! At that point, we couldn't hold in the laughter anymore and that is how he found out it was a joke. I'm still laughing about it. 

To be honest, I have no clue if this story is even funny to you.  Being here this long has really put my sense of humor to the test. I mean, seriously, I might not be funny anymore.
 
 

To put all of your minds to rest, let me assure you I am still the Olympic athlete I was before I left. We have dunk contests every night--on the mini hoop in our room (Evidence below). And once again, for your reassurance, my spikeball skills are improving mightily and I will probably have some evidence of that next week. It's all good in the hood!
 
 

On a more serious note, on Monday (or one of those days), our teacher showed us a talk entitled "His Grace is Sufficient" by Brad Wilcox.  I loved it so freaking much. I cannot put in to words the feelings that I got from reading it, but I can tell you that it is a message that everyone should hear. Jesus Christ's grace is sufficient for all of us. Christ is NOT just waiting at the finish line for us to help us after all we can do, he is right by our side coaching us right until we hit the tape. I know this to be true. It is nearly impossible to go through a day or a week without feeling the Love of Jesus Christ.  Just look around and you will realize the effect that Christ's Atonement and Christ's gospel have had as it has helped you through times of turbulence. Just remember that He is always there.. 
 
Temple Day
 

I'm sorry that I don't have a ton of eventful stories, or well-known miracles, to share with you, but I can tell you that when I look back at the closing of each day, I can see the Lord's hand in my life. Even if it's just a dope little kids basketball hoop. The Lord cares about us so so much and He is going to do whatever it takes to help us to be happy. All He wants is for us to find happiness, so keep pursuing it!

사랑하ㅂ니다!

Jenkins 장로
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment