Monday, October 26, 2015

Staying in the Gimp!

Staying in the Gimp! Obviously. And that is good news because we have some good things to work with in our area!
Gimpo Ward Party

In the video, you will notice I am singing.  In Korean.  The MTC Choir experience is paying off.

Speaking of Korean, some days I understand 40% of what is said to me, others 80%.  It is coming.

So I will try to be short and concise! We've been going to Inchon every day for proselyting activities which has been way fun.  There is a huge conference on family history being held there at the church and we are helping find people to come.  Then we are home in our area for the evenings.  

The Irish guy came to Korean class on Monday night.  He is a hoot!  The other students that attend are from Ireland and Wales, and he is from Wales so they had a ball talking about home.  They are all here teaching English (trying to pay off college debt) and so they are trying to learn some Korean.  We might be the only area in the mission with enough foreigners to hold Korean class.  I love it.

Tuesday night we met with my man Bruce Lee. This man is a stud!!! We just went out and he had coffee and we had smoothies and we talked for the longest time. He seriously seems so ready. I love him! I love him! I love him! Even though we didn't spit out a lesson on him, the Spirit was heavy when we met. I nearly cried and I was just sharing why I was in Korea. Gosh it was crazy. I feel that he is such a miracle for us. 

Second miracle! On Monday night I called this guy I had met earlier this transfer to see if we could meet and he acted completely uninterested. It freaking burned me, especially because he seemed so curious when we talked before. So that weighed me down for a while, but then all of a sudden he called back on Tuesday night when we were coming home from an activity and he said, "Hey I am pretty hungry, lets go get something to eat!" So we met him, and then he took us on like a 15 minute drive to this restaurant he knows. Throughout the night, he really opened up to us and it turned out to be a brilliant experience! I was so dang happy the whole time we were together. And also, that night I partook of the most delicious food I have ever eaten in my entire life. UNBELIEVABLE! That really rounded out the night for me (reference to this life changing food below).

Once again, I'm short on time, but what a week. Nice bounce back for me. These may seem small and not cool to you, but they truly are blessings in my eyes.

I love you all!

Keep on tearing life up back home.

Elder Jenkins
A typical beautiful Korean morning!
Okay awesome week for culture!
  • They have Milk flavored EVERYTHING: Milk Soda (which is easily my favorite drink); Milk flavored ice cream (haha I know right?... and that is my favorite ice cream actually); Milk and Honey flavored potato chips (delicious, really).  I bet they have Milk flavored Milk!
  • Speaking of milk: Blueberry, Melon, Watermelon, and my favorite- Banana flavored milk!
  • Kimchi is absolutely delicious to me now as well! Funny, because it was my least favorite thing in the world before my mission! But I seriously cannot get enough of it now. Whenever we go out to eat, everyone just like gives me their Kimchi trays because it is my kick!
  • Moving on to more foods that are so tantalizing you would not believe:
  1. - Samgyeopsal, which is the super yummy pork belly stuff! Easily the best food I have eaten here. I seriously cannot explain how delicious that was! 
  2. - Chinese noodles covered in this crazy black gooey sauce. Looked dreadful, but super good!
  3. - Dak Garbi (dak means chicken and garbi I have no clue--maybe freaking spicy or something because that is what it was). What you did was put it on a lettuce leaf or this other kind of leaf and eat it like a sandwich! Way good, until I tried that other leaf. It tasted JUST like ibuprofen. I swear on it! It was the nastiest tasting thing I have ever had. I could not believe it! Seriously still in awe. I was gagging! hahahah
  • And the other weird thing that I cannot get over is separating your trash when you have leftovers and then freezing it! Super gross!

No comments:

Post a Comment